Current Legislative Issues
For the Central South Regional Council of Carpenters, the
issues that matter are carpenter issues. We work
on the things that
matter to all of our members--and the contractors who employ
them, such as:
- Intelligent labor laws that serve
honest workers and honest employers by making the construction industry safer and more honorable
- Fighting employer payroll fraud so
law-abiding contractors can
bid and win work without facing competitors who illegally lower their labor
- Wage-and-hour laws, the backbone
of America's decades-long commitment to fair labor standards.
- Protections like Davis-Bacon
prevailing-wage laws that keep bottom-dollar
contractors from producing unsafe public
buildings without producing any economic benefits.
- Unfair trade agreements that rob American
workers of decent jobs and damage our long-term economic security.
- Funding for sensible programs that
create decent jobs and stimulate the economy--like infrastructure, schools, and
- Pension reform that ensures
multi-employer workers receive the full benefits they deserve.
Return to News