Coronavirus Information & Protection Tips
Keeping our members safe is a primary objective and top priority for the Central South Carpenters Regional Council. The Coronavirus, which is now gaining traction in America, is a concern for everyone. Because of that, I want to share with you information from the Association for Professionals in Infection Control (APIC) about this issue. The Central South Carpenters works with APIC chapters throughout our five-state area in our construction ICRA program, and we trust their judgement. Please take a moment and carefully read this information and pass it on to your family and friends. Yours in solidarity - EST Jason Engels.
What can you do to prevent getting sick from COVID-19 (Coronavirus)?
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
• Don't touch your eyes, nose, or mouth, especially with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are showing symptoms of illness.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
• Cover your cough or sneezes with a tissue or sneeze into your elbow. Throw the tissue in the garbage and make sure to clean your hands afterwards.
• Stay home when you are sick.
This is just a small section of the excellent information regarding Coronavirus that APIC has released. Please click here to read more about this virus and how to protect yourself.